United Nations Public Service Award 2019
The United Nations Organization announces a new edition of the United Nations Public Service Award (UNPSA). Since the adoption of the 2030 Agenda, UNPSA seeks to recognize excellence in public service in the achievement of the SDGs and the principle of leaving no one behind.
Participation is open to all institutions of the public sector at the national, state and local levels of the member states of the United Nations. In the case of associations of public entities with civil society, private sector, academia, etc., the entity that applies for the award must be that belonging to the public administration. Nominations can be made by public sector institutions, either by themselves or by third parties, United Nations Agencies, universities, NGOs and the private sector.
This year’s the award will have five categories that will recognize the services provided by public institutions:
1. Offering inclusive and equitable services for not leave anyone behind.
2. Ensuring integrated approaches in public sector institutions.
3. Developing effective and responsible public institutions.
4. Promoting digital transformation in public sector institutions.
5. Promoting gender-sensitive public services to achieve the SDGs.
The admission of candidates will be open until next November 30.
For more information: